A list of things that (supposedly) bring bad luck which I haven't
commonly seen. The advice of today is to not do ANY of these things
- To put on the left shoe before the right, and it is worse still to
put the right shoe on the left foot, or vice versa.
- New shoes should never be left on a table
- To pass anyone on the staircase.
- It is unlucky to sit on a table unless one foot is touching the ground
- Stepping on board a ship with your left foot
- If a candle falls over (this one is a given. It could start a fire!
That's bad luck right there!)
- If you fasten a button into the wrong buttonhole
- Crossing two table-knives by accident portends bad luck
More found here: